Calculate the cost of your extension.
A basic builder's estimate would be based around £1,100-£1,500 per m2 this would include plant, labour and material, which would be to a builders finish.
What will your Extension cost? (guide price only)
The best way to work out the cost of your extension, is to figure out the floor area, which is the length multiplied by the width, use the calculator on the left to help you. once you have your area, multiply that by £1,100.00 then multiply that by VAT at 20%, then add them figures together that will give you a final figure.
A 5m x 5m extension.
The floor area will be 5 x 5 = 25m2
X £1,100.00 = £27,500.00
X 20% VAT = £5,500.00
Add those figures together
£27,500.00 + £5,500.00 = £33,000.00
This would be a rough guide price for the cost of your extension, there are lots of factors to take into account, e.g. foundation type, brick type, roof type and different quality finishes.
That cost would include:
• Free accessible CCTV coverage.
• Free professionally cleaned driveway.
• Foundations 1.3m x 0.6m – Piled or deeper foundation price may change.
• Block and beam floor / concrete slab.
• Screed finish to match existing levels.
• Supply and fit of new pitched/ flat roof.
• New fascias and soffits.
• New gutter runs & downpipes.
• The supply or fitting of stud walls.
• Plaster finish to walls and ceilings.
• Electrics: double sockets, light switches, pendant/ downlights, extractor fan.
• Supply and fitting of new internal doors to new extension.
• Supply and fitting of new skirting and architraves.
• Supply of scaffolding, skips & Temporary toilet.
• 8 Year Warranty.
Please take into consideration-
You may require additional items, such as fitted kitchen / Bathroom, Velux windows, bi-folds, steel beams, additional electrics, etc.
if you do then this will be added onto your guide price.